GPP4Build – Project & Partner
The main objective of the project is to build a transnational network that, through competence centres across the territory, will be able to provide advice to planners and companies that want to participate in green procurement, public administrations that need to write tenders or SMEs that want to obtain the relevant environmental certifications for their products.
As far as SMEs are concerned, the GPP4Build project will focus in particular on the supply chains of manufacturers of structural timber, concrete and windows, as these are the sectors that will be addressed in depth in the project.
With the establishment of the Competence Centres, the web portal and thanks to the services activated under the project, the gap in the construction sector regarding GPP could close. It will be easier for SMEs to participate in public tenders and to benefit from scientific and technical support regarding MEC.
At least 30 companies located in the areas involved in the project will be involved in the pilot phase through training and will be supported in participating in sustainable tenders and/or in obtaining the necessary environmental certifications for their products. In addition, one or more cross-border study projects focusing on MEC/GPP/environmental certification will be initiated during the pilot phase, involving at least four companies.
The GPP4Build project contains the following work packages (WP):
- WP1: Project management
- WP2: Communication
- WP3: Establishment of competence centres and training for MEC-bearers
- WP4: Establishing and setting up competence centres
- WP5: Definition of methods and applications to improve the knowledge of MEC-bearers and establishment of a web portal
The project partner from GPP4Build:
- Agency for Energy South Tyrol – KlimaHaus
- Free University Bolzano
- University of Padua
- University of Applied Sciences – Salzburg
- Innovations und Technologietransfer – Salzburg
- Agency for Energy Friuli Venezia Giulia
The project ran from 1 October 2019 to 31 January 2022.